So, in the spirit of pink hearts and frilly cards, Alliterati is launching a 14 day contest beginning 1 February and ending midnight 14 February (whenever 14 February ends for you). The top three art and literature pieces will be featured in our upcoming issue (released 1 March). Please review all the requirements before you submit!
- Must fit the anti-Valentine's Day theme. Interpret that however you wish. If you want write up a spectacular horror story, or turn a traditional love concept on it's head, go for it. Be as inventive and creative as you want. We like that.
- All art forms accepted - film, photography, traditional/digital art, sculpture, crafts, poetry, prose, script, the list is endless.
- No limit to the number of submissions, but please attach each submission as a separate file.
- Prose should be no more than 1500 words; poetry no more than 40 lines; scripts no longer than 10 minutes.
- Include a short bio in the body of the email.
- Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject header "ANTI-V DAY COMPETITION".
- Literary submissions should be sent as a .doc or .PDF attachment.
- Images must be at least 300 dpi and 1200X1200 pixels, formatted as .JPG attachment.
- Include your name and the tile of your work in the file name.
Keep up with the competition on Twitter (#antivday) for random quotes, inspiration and motivation found just for your enjoyment.
And don't forget: we are accepting submissions for Issue 10 until 10 February, so there's still time to get yours in! Check out our Submission Guidelines to get yours in.
- I'm currently working on a collaborative project titled Bound by Secrets and is very eager to get volunteers. You'll get a story written just for you out of it, so check out my journal for details.
- lacoterie has an ongoing pool on my page, if you have a few spare points lying around. All donations will go to purchasing Super Group status and prizes for group events (if you have a preference, specify which when you donate).
- If you're interested in donating prizes, features or acting as a judge for Transgressions (May), drop lacoterie a note with details of what you're able to donate/do.
- =TwilightPoetess and *SurrealCachinnation are taking literature commissions to raise points for the group, so get in touch with them if you're interested!
- lacoterie's February Prompts are up!
- AzizrianDaoXrak is hosting a Flash Haiku Contest on the theme "Valentine Hangover" - looking for judges and donations, too!